Moving air in house?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It would be interesting to see how much this fan draws. I wish I had one of those measuring devices. Not gonna buy one. I wonder how long this fan would run for the cost of that watt meter? lol
It cant draw much on low speed.
Might just paint her up before I bring it in the house this winter.
I' have to find some old paint. Not gonna buy that ether. lol
You don't need an expensive calculating gizmo to discover what a motor draws, just an ammeter and a volt meter.

It would be interesting to see how much this fan draws. I wish I had one of those measuring devices. Not gonna buy one. I wonder how long this fan would run for the cost of that watt meter? lol
It cant draw much on low speed.
Might just paint her up before I bring it in the house this winter.
I' have to find some old paint. Not gonna buy that ether. lol

The typical indoor fan off of a furnace draws about two amps at 120 volts on high speed. That calculates to 240 watts if you ran it for one hour it would use 0.24 kilowatt hours. 12.5 cent per kwh is about the national average. So that means you could run the fan for four hours for about 12.5 cents. This does not take into account the power factor of the motor but it is a good indication of the costs.

Thanks to this thread, I got busy on a long-procrastinated project yesterday - making a floor stand for an old furnace blower to move cold air from the bedroom. With a speed control we can adjust air volume to suit.

It's not much to look at but it moves a lot of air. The SheWolf wanted a fire last night, I set this thing on the bedroom floor. It kept the room nice and warm.

100_1836.JPG 100_1837.JPG 100_1839.JPG

Latest posts

Back