MS 034 question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ahh, more clues, tensioner is in front. I haven't pulled cylinder off but all I can see so far is 1125 stamped on it . Not much to go on. I know I measured the cylinder with it on the saw and no matter how I did it I came close to 48 mm unless I am doing something drastically wrong.

Its not unheard of for somebody to put an 034S cylinder on an 034 case. The cylinder will tell you. If you've got a cylinder like the 034 pictured and its 48mm, its an 034S. If its 46mm its an 034. If its like the cylinder on the left, got an 036 cylinder. Get a pic of the muffler if you can.

Definitely 034. I am going to take back my statement of measuring 48 mm . For some reason and this even after checking Acres I had 44 mm on my brain for the bore on a regular 034 . Which is wrong. Sorry about that . Do we have an icon for fumbling the ball on this one. Without taking the cylinder off to get an exact measurement I am probably closer to 46 than 48. So much for the super thing . Looks like were back to square one .

Again, thanks for the info guys

Definitely 034. I am going to take back my statement of measuring 48 mm . For some reason and this even after checking Acres I had 44 mm on my brain for the bore on a regular 034 . Which is wrong. Sorry about that . Do we have an icon for fumbling the ball on this one. Without taking the cylinder off to get an exact measurement I am probably closer to 46 than 48. So much for the super thing . Looks like were back to square one .

Again, thanks for the info guys
An 034 is a nice saw too.

Latest posts

Back