MS 150TC purging fuel from...somewhere

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Alright, folks. I got this little 150 running today after it sat for god knows how long. put a new spark plug in, cleaned it up a bit and realized the saw purges fuel from the carb adjustment side of the housing. It doesn't have trouble starting (it's actually a surprisingly pleasant start), it idles no trouble, throttle and test cuts seemed good too. It's not a saw I have any familiarity with, so I'm unsure if it feels a little dainty just 'cause it's a 150 or if it's having fuel loss issues. Doesn't leak fuel when running. (and initial observations are it only seems to leak if there's half a tank or more, and especially if you tilt it to the side.)

so. no problem. i'll get the service manual from one of you fine folks (TY @ray benson!) and go through the troubleshooting. Clearly it's a fuel line to the carb, right? oh and the priming bulb is wheezy too. hmm. but to disassemble the saw to access the fuel lines, it seems like you need to disassemble the handle housing first. I don't have a ton of experience in saw repair, just minor stuff. I have exclusively bad experiences working on handle assemblies tho. Should I just take it in to be serviced? Or is it not as much of a nightmare as i think it'll be.

link to video included in case someone's ear catches something I'm oblivious too. (cough @lone wolf cough). Don't make fun of how often I check if the brake isn't engaged okay? it has a much mushier brake than i'd like so im just makin sure. :crazy2:

I guess it could be a leaking intake boot but i didn't tip the saw nose down brake off to see if it starts revving itself up or not. Guess I can go do that and update this if it does. didn't seem to be running like there was a intake boot leak tho.

Alright, folks. I got this little 150 running today after it sat for god knows how long. put a new spark plug in, cleaned it up a bit and realized the saw purges fuel from the carb adjustment side of the housing. It doesn't have trouble starting (it's actually a surprisingly pleasant start), it idles no trouble, throttle and test cuts seemed good too. It's not a saw I have any familiarity with, so I'm unsure if it feels a little dainty just 'cause it's a 150 or if it's having fuel loss issues. Doesn't leak fuel when running. (and initial observations are it only seems to leak if there's half a tank or more, and especially if you tilt it to the side.)

so. no problem. i'll get the service manual from one of you fine folks (TY @ray benson!) and go through the troubleshooting. Clearly it's a fuel line to the carb, right? oh and the priming bulb is wheezy too. hmm. but to disassemble the saw to access the fuel lines, it seems like you need to disassemble the handle housing first. I don't have a ton of experience in saw repair, just minor stuff. I have exclusively bad experiences working on handle assemblies tho. Should I just take it in to be serviced? Or is it not as much of a nightmare as i think it'll be.

link to video included in case someone's ear catches something I'm oblivious too. (cough @lone wolf cough). Don't make fun of how often I check if the brake isn't engaged okay? it has a much mushier brake than i'd like so im just makin sure. :crazy2:

I guess it could be a leaking intake boot but i didn't tip the saw nose down brake off to see if it starts revving itself up or not. Guess I can go do that and update this if it does. didn't seem to be running like there was a intake boot leak tho.
You want to sell me that little saw? If you videoed it cutting wood, I could tell better about how it is operating.

Back