Ms 180

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ky044

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Do you think I muffler mod would help one of these saws just wanting to know your opinions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, even just the spark screen helps

Sent from my GT-I9210T using Tapatalk

Well yeah that will work I might drill a 1/2 hole in the muffler some where and make a defector out of something seems like it would be something fun to do over the weekend guess I won't have to worry bout retuning since it has the intellicarb or whatever it's called

I won't have to worry bout retuning since it has the intellicarb or whatever it's called
All the intellicarb does is compensate for a dirty air filter. Yes you will need to tune the saw after your muffler mod.
Also I would make sure your carb is fully adjustable. The few 180 I have worked on didnt have a High side screw.

Well I'll have to scratch that idea thanks for the help maybe someday I can work on it

Im not say it impossible... see if you can research and find a fully adjustable carb if you dont already have one. (check your carb before you write it off)
I did a muffler mod on my ms210 and it helped it out quite a little bit.

Well I'll look into it I know for sure it has the intellicarb on it I replaced it a few months ago I might try to find me an adjustable carb I think it would be a fun project

If that link doesn't work, Google ms180 adjustable Carb by blsnelling

Sent from my GT-I9210T using Tapatalk

Back