MS 200 t

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lclayto

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
My MS 200 t runs only without air filter .I put new one on same thing. Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated .

Sounds like piston time.
Does it spray out of the carb when accelerating?
If your skirt is too worn it can allow spit back. This soaks the flocked filter with fuel, then as the gas evaporates, the oil stays to plug up the filter.

Check for cracked fuel line's or air leaks in the boot. There's also a accelerator pump housing on the carb. It's a egg shaped plate on top? I think of carb. In time our ****** fuel messes with it functioning properly... I've had great results by simply prying the plate off with a pick, applying jb weld into it and replacing the plate... also take some Emory cloth and rough up the coil pickup and magneto on flywheel. Check and adjust if necessary the distance between both...

What exactly do you mean that it doesn't run with air filter. Too rich? Will not start? Is it a Stihl air filter or aftermarket? Has it been cleaned with soap and water (I prefer Dawn) and dried before use? Inquiring minds want to know!

My MS 200 t runs only without air filter .I put new one on same thing. Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated .

Your MS200T is toasted, but I'll take it off your hands for free. Just think about it; you have a problem - I'll take it away at no cost at all:crazy2:

Latest posts

Back