ms 200t

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fisher6355

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have a 200 that will not run have adjusted the carby settings to what the manuel says but still will not run
It has just the sixth tank of fuel in it
Any ideas:angry2:

Am able to start it choked then switch it to run for about 5 seconds then it just dies have adjusted low and idle but still no good

Not familiar with settings at all just going from manual
this is all new to me have had 200 and 361 only a couple of weeks
had a J red 2054 before these and never had to touch it
but its time to learn would of thought from standard settings that
it would at least run

fisher6355 said:
but its time to learn would of thought from standard settings that
it would at least run

You're right, it should. If it's a new saw, take it back. No question about it. It should at least run at original settings.

But let's cover some basics-

You are using good gas, right? Your filters are clean? You said six tanks of fuel...is that over the last week, or over the last year? When you make your carb adjustments, do them in very small increments. A large adjustment can take you all the way through proper operating range and back into improper range and you'll be chasing your tail.

Jeff

W ill replace fuel with new have cleaned air filters and will check plug but will have to do that tomorrow as its getting late here
six tanks of fuel over two weeks
Would like it to run tomorrow as i have more cutting to do its sunday here so no shops open
when you say small increments how small say 10 minutes on a clock also should the idle screw be one turn out as well
Have taken your advise from previous thread ms 460 is about two weeks away
many thanks rob:D

Yeah, 10 minutes or less is a good start. And as far as the idle, it's a graduated screw head that slowly opens the throttle after contact is made with the arm, so there really is no one turn out from anything.

What are your rpms doing? Are they high or low through all of this? Give you saw a quick once-over, making sure all of it's lines, vents and connections are sound. Something sounds fairly wrong here.

I feel bad for you man. A new saw shouldn't be doing this.

Jeff

fisher6355 said:
Am able to start it choked then switch it to run for about 5 seconds then it just dies have adjusted low and idle but still no good

Take it back to your dealer...

Sounds like your impulse line has come off or is kinked - it's a thin black tube that connects to the left side (when looking at the back) of the carb box/handle.

Latest posts

Back