Ms 250

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brush Stomper

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I got a new 250 recently. I've run about 5 tanks through it. I had read some earlier posts on here about these saws and most were positive. I just wanted something to rest me some from the 460 that cost under $300.00. This saw really goes for its size. Only thing is its pretty tight for the first couple pulls on the starter rope seems like. Maybe it'll limber up with some more running.

My wife bought me a 250 a couple years back for Christmas. They're nice little saws. Not the easiest starting saw in the world when they're cold. I've also flooded mine several times when it's warm. You are right about them being tight. I picked up a very nice 028WB over the summer at a yard sale for almost nothing, so now I'm thinking maybe spruce up the 028 and sell the 250. I actually picked up about 6 saws over the summer but the 028 was the best find. Not sure what I'm going to do yet. Kind of strange you're in the same situation I'm in. I wanted the 250 to go along with my 046 Mag. All of my other saws were stolen about 3 years ago and I picked a nearly new 046 for something like $375, helluva saw but can be a bit of a bear to lug around.
Grateful11

Grateful 11
Thanks for your reply. Glad to hear it's not just me getting old but they are pretty tight when cold. After mine warms up it starts good one pull and it's not a hard pull. I've found that on a cold start it should fire on 2or 3 pulls then go to half choke and start on 1or 2 more. If it doesn't fire on full choke after 3or 4 you have to go to half choke or it will flood. I've not flooded mine when starting warm.
I figure you're right about the 028 for your backup. I would like to find a good one --cheap Do they weigh around 12 pounds?

Back