Ms-310

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MS-310

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I have read alot about the muffler mod on a 029 and i think its the same as a 310. I was woundering do i need to do some thing with the carb... If so can some one tell me what jet and how much trun or what ever...
Thanks for your time guys and gals.

I did the mod on my 310 ..not as extreme as the pics here with the straight hole but it really made it come alive.
No jet changing just a little adjustment
let me know Ill put some pics of the mod on here

It is the same muffler as the 290. No one can really tell you just how much to adjust your carb, as we don't know where it's set now, and don't know how much you'll open it up. You'll have to retune the saw from scratch. There's SEVERAL threads about that on here. Do a search on this site, and it should spell it out for you pretty well. It takes a bit of practice, but once you get it, it's a snap. Basically, you'll need to richen your carb up. No jets, just the screws.

Jeff

sorry for asking so many ???? but on the 310 do I screw the high in or out to richen it up??? I was thinking out. do i need to screw the low side to.\
thanks

stihlIT said:
I did the mod on my 310 ..not as extreme as the pics here with the straight hole but it really made it come alive.
No jet changing just a little adjustment
let me know Ill put some pics of the mod on here
I would like to see them

can you give me a link to a thread that would help me to tune it.

Pull the limiter caps and start from scratch. how do you do this. The little caps are red in color and the flat tip screw driver fits in it. thanks

when tuning from a modded muffler and starting from scratch, do you need to take the screws all the way in and them back them out one turn as a starting place, or do you start from where it is currently set at? Thanks

Steve

fishhuntcutwood said:
There's threads on the caps as well. You can pull them with the special tool from Stihl, which I recommend. Some guys will have you pull them with a sheet metal screw. That'd work I suppose. Pull them, make your adjustments, and put them back on.

Jeff

Actually.. put NEW (50c each) caps back on...particularly if you take them out with a screw!

Lakeside53 said:
Actually.. put NEW (50c each) caps back on...particularly if you take them out with a screw!

Yeah LS, good point. I use the tool, and remove them very carefully, so I've not had any problems reusing the caps. I don't damage them when I take them off. I mentioned the screw method that others recommend just to illustrate that there's more than one way to skin a cat. I guess I assumed that when he destroyed the caps getting them off that he'd know to put new ones on.

Thanks for clarifying.

Jeff

Latest posts

Back