MS 362 C Arctic

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gypo Logger

Timber Baron
Reaction score
9EDA4E35-BC06-48A6-B268-C778FC0CDA60.jpeg I traded this 362 for a cord of wood and just pulled it apart today. Looks super complicated to work on and seems as heavy as my 460.
Anyway I’m concerned about the sawdust that made it through the filter. Maybe the previous owner didn’t have it screwed on right or it vibrated off. I only want it cause it’s an Arctic.
Does anyone have a part# for the broken rear grip? Merci

Thats a LOT LOT LOT of sawdust that got past the filter. That darn near looks like they ran one without a filter.

I would be very concerned.

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]

Thats a LOT LOT LOT of sawdust that got past the filter. That darn near looks like they ran one without a filter.

I would be very concerned.

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]
The P&C look fine peering thru the exhaust and it has lots of comp by feel. The air holes in and out of the saw look pretty small.
I’ll look a lot nicer when I clean it up.

When I asked my dealer he said I had to bring in the saw as there were several models. I don’t think one from a 361 will fit.
The rear handle casing cover for my 362 is part# 1140 791 0600 but mine is not an Arctic so best to wait for someone that has an Arctic model to see if it uses the same part.

When I asked my dealer he said I had to bring in the saw as there were several models. I don’t think one from a 361 will fit.
I know there is at least two diff models, maybe more. I will check the 361 parts numbers but not likely, maybe....LOL

Checked Media Cat, parts numbers are different so not a sure thing either way.

I'm guessing by looking at the dust that that saw was used with a dull chain, or a chain with rakers too high, or as a milling saw. That's gross.

I'm guessing by looking at the dust that that saw was used with a dull chain, or a chain with rakers too high, or as a milling saw. That's gross.
Ya, it belonged to an old guy that grooved on open pit mining for rocks, judging by his chain.
The saw did come with a brand new 24” Stihl bar and new chain with working corner peeled back.

I know there is at least two diff models, maybe more. I will check the 361 parts numbers but not likely, maybe....LOL

Checked Media Cat, parts numbers are different so not a sure thing either way.
Thanks for checking Jerry. All parts seem impenetrable and so it’s just another throw away bic lighter to me.
I wanted to go to work today but it’s 31 below here.
I don’t even know where to begin even with a muffler mod.

Bet the saw is well worth fixing. Folks get wound up about a bit of wood dust ingestion like its the end of civilisation. Just take a look at the intake side of piston do some measurements but I reckon it won't be bad. Your not gonna find big chips getting past the filter, that fine dust is what you'd expect. I'd be more worried about the cost of plastic parts that are missing or broken.

Thanks for checking Jerry. All parts seem impenetrable and so it’s just another throw away bic lighter to me.
I wanted to go to work today but it’s 31 below here.
I don’t even know where to begin even with a muffler mod.
Man, that`s cold. You still in BC or back home? That saw don`t look bad to me from here, you ever see the saws the woodtics use here. Need a jackhammer to get inside them. I have posted lots of picts of them over the years, so much spruce gum packed inside them its prybar city if I can get the screws out.

Bet the saw is well worth fixing. Folks get wound up about a bit of wood dust ingestion like its the end of civilisation. Just take a look at the intake side of piston do some measurements but I reckon it won't be bad. Your not gonna find big chips getting past the filter, that fine dust is what you'd expect. I'd be more worried about the cost of plastic parts that are missing or broken.
I’m not too savvy with these newer saws and hope I never have to dismantle it, but it’s a low hr saw, so I’ll just clean it up and replace the broken part.

Back at the Junction,? man that is still cold. The muffler is not too bad to get off and make the exit hole a bit bigger, its about all one needs to do on them but I left mine stock as its the only half quiet saw I own and nice for using it around the houses on close quarter removals.

Latest posts

Back