Ms 362 problems

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jjtree

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have a ms 362 carburated, I couldn't ask for a better running saw, I mean for what it is it cuts like crazy almost keeps up with my 461, the only thing is here of late it began idleing fast I got that under control, bad interlock and throtle trigger position. But now having problems idleing. After it sits for a few min not being run it will die.

Sure thing I appreciate the help I'll be bucking some logs tomorrow so I'll see what happens if it keeps doing it I'll record it

Just something to think about. If the saw was twisted in a cut, or yanked out of a cut at some point (which could affect the throttle control also) you could have an air leak. Air leaks could elevate idle speed. The saw may run ok till the engine/handle are stressed. Because it’s under a load in the cut, you won’t notice anything. Until it stalls from a lean seizure. Dismiss it if you want.
Carbs do not usually need adjustment. And the limit caps on some of the model carbs they used are difficult to remove.
Leaning them kills saws. The saw should run on the factory settings. Most were 1 full turn out for each.
I always turn them out another 1/8 as a safety cushion.

I can understand what your saying and can agree to that, so what would be the suggested way of checking for said air leaks. And best places to start looking.

You cant really duplicate what stresses the saw is subject to during use. A press/vac test would be best.
That involves some special tools

Back