MS 460 For Sale

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BostonBull

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I have an MS 460. I will be taking the top end out of this saw before selling it. It is a modded P&C by WHS and I will use it in another saw. The bottom end is comletley new, rebuilt when I bought the saw from Dean. The plastic is in rough shape as you can see but that is just aesthetics. It will also need a muffler as the one that is on it is port matched to the top end. The tank has a leak in it that I can track down, it has been sealed and plastic welded but still has some sepage somewhere.

The price is 250 plus shipping.

Last One. Also I caqn include a stock front muffler cover so the buyer will only have to come up with the rear casing and gasket.

Freakingstang said:
And a muffler... Don't forget that

No, it's a muffler "cover"!!!!!

BUT........... Look at the bright side, at least the muffler is pulled on this one for you.

BostonBull said:
I have an MS 460. I will be taking the top end out of this saw before selling it. It is a modded P&C by WHS and I will use it in another saw. The bottom end is comletley new, rebuilt when I bought the saw from Dean. The plastic is in rough shape as you can see but that is just aesthetics. It will also need a muffler as the one that is on it is port matched to the top end. The tank has a leak in it that I can track down, it has been sealed and plastic welded but still has some sepage somewhere.

The price is 250 plus shipping.

Maybe my eyes are failing me, I don't think so. You're missing at least 2 screws holding your starter on. edit, something funny with the choke too?

Last edited:
When was this "new?" Did Dean do any work to the lower end?

You'd likely make better money cleaning it up and parting it out on ebay. Alot of times it can be tough to sell a block of parts, compared to individual parts by themselves.

No bashing intended.

Last edited:
fishhuntcutwood said:
You'd make better money cleaning it up and parting it out on ebay bro.

Watch it Jeff. I offered that piece of advice in another for sale ad and got told I was bashing the seller. Gotta watch how you say some things to people.

Muffler?

sawinredneck said:
No, it's a muffler "cover"!!!!!

BUT........... Look at the bright side, at least the muffler is pulled on this one for you.

Actually it's just the rear of the muffler dudes. He's going to give someone the Stock muffler cover. That's pretty nice I think... :clap:

Suggestions taken. I will remove this posting.

The saw has a brand new bottom end. The plastic is old and beat on it. It was my go to saw until I got my new 440 and 460.

I didnt realize saws had to be pretty to run.

Before I delete this I will treat it s a parts saw with a blown top end in junk condtion with nothing rebuilt.

$150

BostonBull said:
Before I delete this I will treat it s a parts saw with a blown top end in junk condtion with nothing rebuilt.

$150

Now that wasn't an unfair price at all!!! The original $250 was a bit rich!!! That was my point, much better deal this wa Bull:cheers:
Andy

Latest posts

Back