• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold MS-460 fresh rebuild

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ErikS

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Pretty clean MS-460 for sale here. Let me start by saying i live above 6000ft, so the compression reading on the gauge (static compression) shows roughly 18% lower than sea level. Adjusted for elevation, compression is a solid 159.3psi

New Hyway piston in an OEM cylinder. New ethanol-resistant green OEM fuel hose and filter. New sprocket and sprocket cover. Proper dual port muffler with the large rear exit. Flawless OEM air filter. New crank seals and gaskets (case gasket excluded, it was good to go). OEM carb kit. Limiter caps trimmed for full adjustability. Pretty much everything you could want in a good running MS-460. Heck I'm so anal retentive I even replaced all it's warning labels!

$500 PHO shipped, can include new Stihl 25" bar and chain for an additional $60 (shipping included). Open to offers and trades.
20160421_103239.jpg 20160421_103651.jpg 20160421_103645.jpg
20160421_103740.jpg

Actually, no. I felt that was a pretty fair price. I'm not trying to bend anyone over and stick it to 'em. Just trying to move a well built saw that I won't use much (my 440 and 361 are my main saws) down the road to a fellow member of the community that it can serve well.

G'day Erik, that wrap handle still hasn't come

Cheers

Andy
I liked this post Andy.... and then thought maybe I shouldn't, given the statement. He took you for a handle. Looks like he took someone else for $500 since this threads marked sold.

Whoever the sucker is that bought this is, here's a message from the OP.... I'm not trying to bend anyone over and stick it to 'em that I can... Just trying to move a well built saw that I won't use much (my 440 and 361 are my main saws) down the road to Cash in on a fellow member of the community that it can serve me well.

PS: Thanks for the $500 gift and not using the search function.

Well to everyone on here so quick to armchair quarterback, let me chime in!

First, to Andy... I refunded you per our agreement on the other forum, so what else it is you feel owed i've no idea, but it's probably best to handle that privately, wouldn't you think?

This machine has already shipped, is exactly as described, and tracking has already been provided to the buyer.

My post was worded exactly how I meant it. I like contributing to this community, and while an erronous dealing (the delay in resolving it being the result of circumstances that are nobody's damn business except Andy's, although he's never inquired) seems to be justification for crucifixion around here, i have countless other flawless transactions, and my intentions are as good as it gets. So to bryanr... Piss off mate

That is all :)

Not really. Id have refunded the full amount, but when someone says 'ill eat shipping, just refund my purchase price', then thats what was done. In fact, theres a post on the other forum stating it was resolved to andy's satisfaction, and that post in fact was made by andy. So why anyone else feels they have any place in this is beyond me.

Andy, if there's something else I can do for you, PM me and we'll resolve it.

G'day Erik, as a buyer I personally think things like this should be public.

I'll clarify a little for everyone else - after being avoided for 6 months on this forum and finally getting a reply on another forum where you were under another name, you stopped responding, again.

I actually accepted that I would never see handle or the $130 ever again, that's when I sent you a message saying " if you refund the handle price, I'll eat the shipping"

I'll give you credit that the handle refund came through but, you could have refunded the shipping too and you didn't.

I also said that if the handle ever came I would tell you and send money, it hasn't come yet so...

Had you sent me proof of postage I'd have accepted it but you didn't.

I've also spoken to others, some have had good dealings with you, others have not.

Dont worry though, I'll give you regular updates on the handle, seeing as you're trading again.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Sorry if this sounds smartass... But thats like asking someone to borrow $10, and holding it against them because they didnt hand you a $20. Do you see my reasoning here Andy? I'm not being an ass either, i just dont know of another analogy... At least you're one of the apparent few willing to be honest on here, instead of sharing biasd opinions. If it's a full refund you required to be truly satisfied here, you should have said that instead of throwing out the refund purchase price/ill eat shipping as you did. So if THATS what it'll take here Andy, then say that this time. I recall the total being $125 including the freight, and unfortunately don't have a paypal history on it. Would you agree?

And fyi, if anyone was wondering about my different name on the other forum, it was simply so it'd match my eBay name, and for no other reason.

Do you have an extra 440 3/4 wrap?

He might have 440 3/4 wrap he could "sell" you, but I would NOT hold your breath waiting for it to show up.....

waiting.gif

Maybe he was sick of waiting for a part or his full refund and thought he would bite the bullet and eat the shipping if he could only get the part cost back. As a seller I'd feel like a POS if I refunded someone the sale price and not the shipping. The bigger man would say, "nope, you deserve all your money back, I didn't make good on the part here is everything you paid". JMO

Latest posts

Back