MS180 help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steved

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Need some help. Father's ms180 cracked the cylinder, needs to disassemble the saw. He is stuck on two things:

1) Is the clutch thread left or right hand thread?

2) How are the anti vibration rubber/neoprene shock deals in the base removed, they seem locked in?

Thanks in advance, he has it in pieces short that part...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Ok, followup...

He rebuilt this thing...it runs good once, runs bad the next. He has rebuilt everything including the carb and rings/piston/cylinder, has 100psi compression, blew out all the lines, replaced all the fuel lines and filter...

He's stumped...it's not like he hasn't done this before, by all rights; it should run...

Any thoughts?

At 100 psi, it won't run. Takes around 120 plus for a 2 stroke to pop. Something is wrong with his rings/rebuild.

At 100 psi, it won't run. Takes around 120 plus for a 2 stroke to pop. Something is wrong with his rings/rebuild.
That's what I though as well, I will let him know...what compression range should he see from this saw?

Runs good once- bad the next?
If it only had 100 psi I imagine it would not run at all- good or bad........ I guess the gauge you used is not up to the game.
Unless it ran good, something catastrophic failed, then it would not run again....... then you compression tested to find only 100 psi and it has not run since.

Latest posts

Back