MS200T and 020 Same piston/cyl ??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bark Buster

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Doe's the 020 and MS200T share the same style Jug and Piston. Reason I ask is I'm replacing seals on crankshaft and found the cylinder scored around the exhaust port, not bad up near the top by sparkplug, I've heard you dont hone these cylinders so I'm up against rebuilding. The saw would run great at top end but wouldnt idle. If I just replace crank seals and rings would the potential blowby ruin the new seals ??. The original seals were destroyed by sawdust entering thru a cracked cover from a broken chain, and continued to be run that way. Thanks for any help , P.S. anyone got parts for one of these they'd like to sell ??

020T and MS 200T and MS 200 all share the same pistons and heads. The regular 020 series is a completely different saw. If the head is scored I would change it, no sense going through the work and expense of rebuilding and do it half way. Contact Dean at washington hot saws, a sponsor on this site, he sometimes has some nice deals on pistons and heads for those saws. good luck.

Latest posts

Back