MS250 problem

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

walexa07

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Buddy has a 250........starting problems. I pulled the air filter cover and the fuel line was cracked up real bad. I replaced the fuel line with a new one last night and she fired right up. Idles great, and can get to rev up only by slowly applying the throttle.......and she screams up real high, like she is lean. If you stab the throttle it dies every time. I adjusted the L up to 1/4 turn richer with no change other than lower idle. Screwed L all the way in, then back out to 1 turn as is marked on filter cover.....same as before......dies when throttle stabbed. But like I said, idles great and as long as you want it to.

Does this saw have an impulse line? What else could be wrong? Thanks.

Waylan

Buddy has a 250........starting problems. I pulled the air filter cover and the fuel line was cracked up real bad. I replaced the fuel line with a new one last night and she fired right up. Idles great, and can get to rev up only by slowly applying the throttle.......and she screams up real high, like she is lean. If you stab the throttle it dies every time. I adjusted the L up to 1/4 turn richer with no change other than lower idle. Screwed L all the way in, then back out to 1 turn as is marked on filter cover.....same as before......dies when throttle stabbed. But like I said, idles great and as long as you want it to.

Does this saw have an impulse line? What else could be wrong? Thanks.

Waylan

If the fuel line was that bad, maybe it was also disintegrating and pieces of the fuel line ended up in the carb. Perhaps a carb rebuild is in order?

I agree pull the carb and at least check it out. Sounds like you are leaning it out probably an obstruction from the rotten fuel line or something.

Latest posts

Back