MS250 vs. 028 WB-AV: Comparison Results

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vernon Tull

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Gentlemen -- I recently made a mistake that might not turn out to be so bad after all. I mistakenly thought the old 028 WoodBoss had, like its newer MS280 counterpart, an engine bigger than 50cc. I thought that it would be a good replacement for my 025/MS250 since, I mistakenly figured, the 028 had a bit more power. After I bought the 028 I discovered that my research was faulty and the 028 wasn't really any bigger in engine size than the 025.

In fact, my MS250 has better compression and possibly a touch more power, but this 028 AV is so smooth and such a pleasure to run, I think I'll have to keep it as my small to medium homeowner saw and sell the 250 (even though the 028 is far older than the MS250).

I don't know if I have the proper words to technically describe the difference in these two saws except to say that the 028 just has a more solid feel and a smoother operation than the MS250/025.

Latest posts

Back