ms260 with ms460 air filter cover?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thompsoncustom

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
was wondering if any one had both a ms260 and a ms460 and could see how close of a fit the 460 air cover would be on the 260, minus the fact that they are secured in place differently just the overall fit.

anyone else tired putting a bigger air cover on the 260 and had any luck? thanks

They're completely different, there's no benefit in putting a bigger cover on there. The two saws use entirely different air filter setups and attach completely differently, they're even completely different shapes. What are you hoping to achieve with a larger cover? You will not gain any more air flow and it would likely negatively impact filtration as the large gap would let saw chips get sucked into the filter easier.

They're completely different, there's no benefit in putting a bigger cover on there. The two saws use entirely different air filter setups and attach completely differently, they're even completely different shapes. What are you hoping to achieve with a larger cover? You will not gain any more air flow and it would likely negatively impact filtration as the large gap would let saw chips get sucked into the filter easier.

plan on running a 460 filter after a carb swap would be nice to be able to run a cover that completely covers the filter but not the end up the world I can always just run the filter through the 260 cover.

was wondering if any one had both a ms260 and a ms460 and could see how close of a fit the 460 air cover would be on the 260, minus the fact that they are secured in place differently just the overall fit.

anyone else tired putting a bigger air cover on the 260 and had any luck? thanks
Why??? You are trying to re-invent the Stihl wheel.........and thats just silly.

Why??? You are trying to re-invent the Stihl wheel.........and thats just silly.
oh no definitely not, I like stihl as much as the next guy but they did a horrible job with the air filter on the 026 and ms260 I don't want to reinvent anything there.

Just run a velocity stack and a Green Weenie, problem solved.

I might end up going this route just would like a covered cleaner option if possible.

I think the 460 filter is nearly as wide as the 260, you'd have to cut the airbox off the 260 and graft the 460 box and filter base on. It'd be a huge boxy mess to try and make it work. The size difference is huge between the two.

I think the 460 filter is nearly as wide as the 260, you'd have to cut the airbox off the 260 and graft the 460 box and filter base on. It'd be a huge boxy mess to try and make it work. The size difference is huge between the two.

thanks, ya I have a 660 but obviously that's to big. sounds like a velocity stack is gonna be the easiest way to go.

have a buddy with a 3d printer but he just doesn't know enough about it yet to design his own stuff.

I might end up going this route just would like a covered cleaner option if possible.
Cleaner…. As in looks or function? An exposed filter stays cleaner than a covered one. But it’s more susceptible getting snagged on brush.

You can get a scooter v stack from a eBay along with an angled rubber Fernco style foam air filter that will work.

I have both saws and of course both covers if you need pics and measurements. I think you are chasing a losing battle though with a 460 cover

Latest posts

Back