ms260pro taken

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mlh29

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I had a like new ms260 pro taken from my truck ( blue and tan 06 f250 crew 4x4 )last week in the Watertown NY area

saw had about 3 tanks of fuel ran through it, looked new(it was) 16 inch 3/8 es bar and yellow chain that had been touched up with a hand file

didnt even have it long enough to get the sn from it.

Taken from my toolbox mounted in my bed ( forgot to lock it )
Think someone may have observed me picking up saw and new chains at the local dealer.

So any help would be great

I had a like new ms260 pro taken from my truck ( blue and tan 06 f250 crew 4x4 )last week in the Watertown NY area

saw had about 3 tanks of fuel ran through it, looked new(it was) 16 inch 3/8 es bar and yellow chain that had been touched up with a hand file

didnt even have it long enough to get the sn from it.

Taken from my toolbox mounted in my bed ( forgot to lock it )
Think someone may have observed me picking up saw and new chains at the local dealer.

So any help would be great

How are you planning to prove it's yours even if its recovered if you don't have the S/N?

see if the dealer has a video system....might have caught a curious fellow watching you.....worth a shot. Maybe there was a camera pointed toward the road and it caught the same spooky fellow following you out.....

got it back, yes dealer had sn.

punk put it on craigslist for 150 and I had about 5 people call me saying they saw the post. Sent a buddy to check it out, verfied sn, notified police. I feel bad though as the guy had a shed of tools that the police didnt even look at.
?I got my saw back, never used, but still want to hook him to my truck for a quick drag down 81, but was reminded by the helpful police that comments like that are "terroristic threats"

police would not press charges love the way justice works

punk put it on craigslist for 150 and I had about 5 people call me saying they saw the post. Sent a buddy to check it out, verfied sn, notified police. I feel bad though as the guy had a shed of tools that the police didnt even look at.
?I got my saw back, never used, but still want to hook him to my truck for a quick drag down 81, but was reminded by the helpful police that comments like that are "terroristic threats"

Lucky that prick wasn't in my neck of the woods, Might be an old bugar but seriously would have enjoyed going myself, tappin on the door and smackin the piece of sheeyite flat out a few times before walkin off with my saw. Would I give a #### if he didn't stand up for an hour or two.... Nope, would I give a #### if the boys in blue turned up whining about it.... Nope again ;-)

Glad you got it back! This story at least has a good ending i.e "you got your saw back." Many don't end that way. Now put it in some wood and celebrate!

Back