Ms362 vs big tree

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hickahollar

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Ms362 = 1
Big tree = 0
Yeah a bigger saw bar probably would be better for this size tree. But the 362 and 25 inch bar does just fine. Nice big sweet gum tree gonna use it for lumber using my 880. The 880 comes in handy cutting it up after it's down.

Attachments

• 20230122_110643.jpg
    20230122_110643.jpg
    5.2 MB · Views: 0
Ms362 = 1
Big tree = 0
Yeah a bigger saw bar probably would be better for this size tree. But the 362 and 25 inch bar does just fine. Nice big sweet gum tree gonna use it for lumber using my 880. The 880 comes in handy cutting it up after it's down.
Sweetgum is fun to cut. What kind of lumber are you cutting this into? Have you ever milled sweetgum before? Every sweetgum I've ever seen milled has warped within minutes.

First sweet gum I was told to wait until it was dry before I mill it but I've been thinking about milling it fresh because it will cut better.

It’s most likely going to twist and buckle up wet. What are you wanting to do with it? Lathing boards, siding, roof decking?

So if I cut it wet I guess maybe I could keep it wet until I stack it in the barn and let it dry with a lot a weight on it.

Ms362 = 1
Big tree = 0
Nicely done. I had a 362 a couple of years back and sold it. I regret it to be honest because it felt so smooth to me.

I like it because I can work with it for a good long while fairly light and pretty quick. But I wasn't going for speed cutting that big gum. That 880 I honestly don't think I would have had a good time felling that.

Latest posts

Back