• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy MS390 engine, complete for experiment

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

usmcbuckwild

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
DBC579B9-EBD9-4A4E-A91D-A9C9D5550533.jpeg Looking for a complete ms390 engine (p/c and base/crank shroud) for an experiment. Don’t want to get into details unless I actually get it to work.

Bad piston/bearings is ok, but cylinder/crank and base need to be good.

Ideally as cheap as possible.

Thanks in advance!

You can get them pretty cheap online...if you want to go aftermarket.

I was hoping for a cheaper option. $80 for an aftermarket engine that’s going to require cleaning up/widening the ports and most likely having to replace seals and rings. Even then, no real guarantee it will be reliable. OEM with a Meteor piston/Caber rings or something to that effect.

Ok...good luck on your search.

Thanks, Sparky.

I grew up with a kid whose nickname was ‘Sparky’. He was restoring an early ‘50s Chevy truck with his dad in their garage. They had it torn down to a point and had to remove the gas tank (which they had put fresh gas in to drive the truck to and into the garage). So when he got home from school he started to try to drain the gas tank while pops was at work. Unable to get the fuel out, he got the brilliant idea to use the ole trusty Sears shop vac (this was in the mid-80s). Long story short; he blew up the garage, the truck and himself. He ended up with 2nd and 3rd degree burns all over his body. Barely survived. His dad started calling him Sparky and it just stuck.

Back