• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold MS440 for sale

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks good, I like it, and I trust you. A local tree removal company that I am helping needs one. $25 should get it to Omaha if you select Fed Ex Ground. Is that a shipping option? If so, you may have a deal. I have either a a 25" or a 28" bar for it (3/8, 063). Does that seem OK?

I'd like to call the owner and see what he says.

Looks good, I like it, and I trust you. A local tree removal company that I am helping needs one. $25 should get it to Omaha if you select Fed Ex Ground. Is that a shipping option? If so, you may have a deal. I have either a a 25" or a 28" bar for it (3/8, 063). Does that seem OK?

I'd like to call the owner and see what he says.
25 in bar would work real nice on it. I can ship Fed Ex , USPS or UPS. I check the best price at the time and for the location and go with the lowest.

'Wolf, I talked to the manager. He can offer $475 and throw in $25 for shipping. That should cover Fed Ex ground to Omaha. If that works, your MS 440 powerhead is hearby sold for $500. I'd like to use Paypal, send me PM with a PayPal address and I'll buy it this evening.

P.S. I may retrofit an outer bumper spike on the clutch cover that matches with the inside spike. I think that would spruce it up a bit.

I have a dual set of bumper spikes that Adirondack Stihl made here. Any interest?
I have a spike on board that I can machine lightly to fit, based on your Pic, so I'll pass on that. I think this saw will pull a 28" bar, but I do have a 25" on hand as well that will likely go with it. This guy cuts a lot of trees. I think he finally found out that his MS 290 doesn't always cut the mustard and even has trouble pulling a 20" bar.

It never ceases to amaze me how many guys push saws to beyond their limit.

I have a spike on board that I can machine lightly to fit, based on your Pic, so I'll pass on that. I think this saw will pull a 28" bar, but I do have a 25" on hand as well that will likely go with it. This guy cuts a lot of trees. I think he finally found out that his MS 290 doesn't always cut the mustard and even has trouble pulling a 20" bar.

It never ceases to amaze me how many guys push saws to beyond their limit.
I cant believe he didnt burn it up.

Latest posts

Back