Ms660, Dayuumm What A Saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THALL10326

The Champ
Reaction score
Had two big white oaks blow over in the woods recently. Today I decided to take one of my two 660's and give it a whirl. I've been stuck in the 361,5100,441,372,460,7900 size saws way too long. Been a long time since I toyed around with a 660 and today I got a pleasant surprize. Burying that 24inch bar in a 30 inch oak with that 660 pulling the chain was awesome. I couldn't help but think just how slow those other saws I mentioned are compared to this saw in big wood bar buried. Brand new saw, new dual port muffler cover, set at 12,600 rpms this saw flat rolls. I had long forgot just how powerfull these saws are.

I write this to bring attention to anyone that has a new MS660 or intends to get one. These saws are shipped from Germany running pretty lean. My saw today was hitting 13,600 on the first start up. Make sure if you get one of these big beauties the dealer checks the rpms and sets it to proper levels.
13,000 is max so set it lower, 12,600 during break in is fine. It will gain some as it loosens up and remain in the safe range.

Now back to your regular show!!

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..................................Never tried one.....Do tell us more ol-Tom....

:popcorn: :popcorn:

That right,LOL. Been a long time since I fiddled with a 660. I'm all smiles but wanted to address those lean runners out the box. They need to be checked at time of sale. Last two I sold were hitting 13,400-13,600 out the box. Mine was over the limit today so I'm just spreading the info.

Of note. Sawed up both tree's, came back to the house, not a mark on the saw, dayummm I'm good,LOL

I just bought another one tonite.......:) :)

Thinking about getting another one myself. The one I ran today is mine. My other one is being saved for grandson, can't run that one. Every man should have two of these beauties to saw with, one with a 24in bar and the other with a 36in bar. I know where there is one in the box just waiting to be claimed...

Ummm, ok.

Whoever see's it necesary to buy thamselves a second 660. Just send it to me..

Its only money, spend some, get the economy rolling, everyone buy a 660 or 2 or 3, dig up that quart jar in the backyard full of hundred dollar bills and spend some,LOLOL

Ultra, i challenge you to get a pic, just one pic, of ALL your 066s/660s. I DARE you to get them all crammed in one pic! Haha

nice new toy saw

holy sheep dip it is power hungry CAD victim spilling his money out:jawdrop:

more power = fun

i used to scare homeowners on trees they thought their pullock sawz could handle, when they could not get the tree down they called me. no matter what tree 4" on up my old 066 with a 42" bar came out. scared people because of how big she waz. the 066 660 is the real deal when it come to production sawz. i am working on couple of sourcez i know to get parts sawz or a runner 066. i need to get a bigger saw the jd cs 81 is ho hum i need a more power full saw. man the 066 660 seriues is just about the most perfect saw out there from the factory. i think it would be funny to see a 066 with a 16" bar and full skip:) Thall let as see a video of the new toy.
:givebeer:

Latest posts

Back