• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold MS661 Parts Saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benmyers

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
This was a low hour saw that suffered a large tree falling on it. Someone may be able to get some use out of it.

I believe the following are usable parts: piston and cylinder, crank, air filter, air filter base, carb, filter cover, starter, flywheel, muffler, clutch cover, rear handle and tank

Missing the following: clutch and drum, coil, top cover

Check the photos out and ask questions you may have. Looking to get $150 plus shipping, OBO

Attachments

• IMG-9954.jpg
    IMG-9954.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG-9952.jpg
    IMG-9952.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 8
  • IMG-9955.jpg
    IMG-9955.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG-9956.jpg
    IMG-9956.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG-9957.jpg
    IMG-9957.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG-9959.jpg
    IMG-9959.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 8
  • IMG-9960.jpg
    IMG-9960.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 7
I'm the lucky winner here, and am already in possession of a semi-destroyed (but decent looking) MS661. My buddy brought over one that he'd picked up for "cheap" that didn't run right. Turns out someone went to town on a porting job, and messed the timing up a bit. The bearings are also real rough. I'm thinking this will do the trick for a realistic repair. New OEM parts prices were out of the question for both of us. Thanks you Ben,

This was a low hour saw that suffered a large tree falling on it. Someone may be able to get some use out of it.

I believe the following are usable parts: piston and cylinder, crank, air filter, air filter base, carb, filter cover, starter, flywheel, muffler, clutch cover, rear handle and tank

Missing the following: clutch and drum, coil, top cover

Check the photos out and ask questions you may have. Looking to get $150 plus shipping, OBO
U still have saw

I'm the lucky winner here, and am already in possession of a semi-destroyed (but decent looking) MS661. My buddy brought over one that he'd picked up for "cheap" that didn't run right. Turns out someone went to town on a porting job, and messed the timing up a bit. The bearings are also real rough. I'm thinking this will do the trick for a realistic repair. New OEM parts prices were out of the question for both of us. Thanks you Ben,
Let us know how the rebuild turns out.

This worked out beautifully for me, to the extent that one saw had a bad PTO case, and the other had a bad starter side case. I don't have a lot of good parts left over, but what I was able to put together for my buddy is a real solid operating saw. The only additional thing I had to get from the dealer was a gasket and seal set (approx $45). It's now ported for a bit better flow too, of course.

Latest posts

Back