• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold MS661c or MS660

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cbob

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I can't keep both of these. Will only sell one. I'm good keeping either one.

Saw one. MS661 R Arctic I bought it knowing it had a stripped plug hole and that's all. After taking jug off I see that someone put too long of a plug in and it hit the piston chipping it as a result a piece of sonething tried to escape and nicked the piston and pinched a ring. I don't have any hook ups on parts so I cleaned up the piston as best I could and ordered OEM new rings and put them in it and had the cylinder plug hole fixed, not a helie coil. Also replaced the clutch drum as it was warn out. Fired right up and pulls really strong. Bucked up a little 28" maple and saw ran flawless. Piston doesn't look great but I trust it to run it. Blows gust under 150psi with only about 10 min on the rings. $650 shipped power head only.

image.jpeg image.jpeg
image.pngimage.jpeg
image.jpeg

Second is the MS660. Nice shape. AM top cover. New air filter. Blows over 170psi. Piston looks great. Only thing is one of the mounts broke off. Still have the pieces. Could repair but had never bothered me. This saw has been walkerized with the dual port muffler. Strong saw. Price is the same at $650 shipped for power head only.
image.jpegimage.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.png

Reasonable offers considered.

You are right. That's after rings. Still seals up good but for sure something there. I will run it as is if no interest.

Latest posts

Back