MS880 diddy viddy

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After seeing that video I have a wad of cash burning a hole in my pocket. but it is marked for a log splitter. CAD is bad I am starting to twitch:jawdrop:

Well finally got a chance to go up and run the new saw. Honestly, not quite what I expected.
Granted this is the first tank of fuel, ring's are not seated, so it is running a little rich. And, the chain is not the greatest.
I would like to get some more time on it and make something a little better.
I am sure I will be happier when it's broke in and I have a better chain on.

36" bar, 9 tooth sprocket 18" pine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdxyOHYquoQ

That is one mean motor scooter!!!!!....:clap: :clap: :clap:

If we don't get rain sat we are going back for the last huge red oak and huge
locust .the oak is 44" at the base so i will be using a buddys 880 this is the
first time i will have run one .yours looks good .Do you have the rpms turned
down my sound on the computer is screwed up. Cool saw

Not to be sacrilegious, but it seemed a little slower than I expected in the crosscut (maybe chain?),but seemed to pull the noodles strong for a 36 inch bar.

I am guessing you will work out the issues (chain, break in, tuning )and that will be one mean saw.

Last edited:
It's funny how a guy looks bigger physically when running a 460 or 660, and the 880 makes the same guy look much smaller (an 090 even more so). :dizzy:

Tree Sling'r said:
Actually came outta the business account. The fire money is in the bank.

That's the way to do it. The last year I contracted I only paid myself $28/hr. to keep payroll taxes down and at the end of the year I had about $4k left over to play with new equipment on.

noodles noodles noodles noodles noodles noodles! :clap:

Great saw dude. I wonder about porting stuff, I'll leave the 266 alone because i don't want to ruin it and lose my only proper production saw, but I've got this ickle wee Partner thing that could use a bit bigger boll'x. Maybe I'll give it a go.

dang

I need one of those hehe also watched the Stihl MS880 versus Furby that fuzzy little bastard has had it coming for along time !!!!

That saw didn't impress me much until you started cutting with the grain and got the noodles. Holy crap and crap. I need one.

Cool saw

Chris

It'd be nice to see a vid comparing it to one of your 660's.

The saw really sounds like a 460 or 660 to my ears. How does it sound in person?

Back