muffler mod to ms200t

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ntsarborist

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
i never did any type of mods to any saws before. would like to mod the muffler on my 200t and not sure exatly where to start. i heard from 1 person that i can take the 4 bolts out that hold the muffler together and get jb weld and fill every slot and grove in so the entire inside is smooth and get a dremel and bore out the hole where the exhaust exits. it kinda sounds like it would work. the ultimate goal is to open it up and make it louder. would that work without hurting the motor or is there another and better way of doing that?

look at your muffler. remove the baffle and spark arrestor.

go to where the H and L and T screws are on the side by the carb area. take off the cover to that area and then remove the limiter cap from the H screw. use a pair of needle nose pliers and pull straight away from the saw and not at an angle or you can bung the screw up itself.

then richen the needles up just a touch.

bang, instant ball bag to your saw.

The ms-200 that i built was a screamer at 17500rpms and was still rich. I had to leave it rich to keep the piston speeds down. Plus, it was going to a tree crew that abuses there equipment like there is no tomorrow. Anyways on the muffler i split it and ground down the slider boss that holds the stock spark arrestor and ground out a new opening next to the stock outlet. Drilled and tapped both sides of the new outlet and screwed on a husqvarna screen(pt no. 503 0783 01). With all the extra material on the muffler it had i nice lip to help hold the screen in. i did soooo much to this saw its hard to say how big of a gaine would be on a stock saw.

steffan
Zombie Performance

pics??

The ms-200 that i built was a screamer at 17500rpms and was still rich. I had to leave it rich to keep the piston speeds down. Plus, it was going to a tree crew that abuses there equipment like there is no tomorrow. Anyways on the muffler i split it and ground down the slider boss that holds the stock spark arrestor and ground out a new opening next to the stock outlet. Drilled and tapped both sides of the new outlet and screwed on a husqvarna screen(pt no. 503 0783 01). With all the extra material on the muffler it had i nice lip to help hold the screen in. i did soooo much to this saw its hard to say how big of a gaine would be on a stock saw.

steffan
Zombie Performance

do you have a picture of the modded muffler on the ms200??

Back