Muffler modding on Autotune?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Critter87

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I know that you’re supposed to richen up the fuel mixture when you open up a muffler, but what about on newer saws with electronic carbs? I’d like to do this on my 545, but I’m worried about leaning out with increased airflow, and no way to manually adjust the carb.

Think about it like this the programs can adjust for different fuel grades and air density for sea level to the mountains a muffler mod with good gas is well in the parameters from my experience mine operates between 3500 and 5800 ft elevation .
Oh and it’s quite loud a good friend borrowed it and could not believe it’s a 50cc saw he said it had more revs in the wood than his MS 361.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know that you’re supposed to richen up the fuel mixture when you open up a muffler, but what about on newer saws with electronic carbs? I’d like to do this on my 545, but I’m worried about leaning out with increased airflow, and no way to manually adjust the carb.
I have the same saw. I have been planning to do the mod but just haven't gotten to it yet. But yes, it will adjust itself. Let us know if you can tell a difference in power.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Borrowing this old thread. Related topic anyway.

I wanted to make modded muffler to my Jred CS2253.

I opened up Chinese muffler bit too much and was worried about melting brake handle.

So I ended up making this extended outlet to muffler. Connected with rivet since I don't have any welder or solder to use.

Final result is pretty good. Quite loud but rews very nice and seem have got more power.

Attachments

• mm.jpg
    mm.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 26
  • mm2.jpg
    mm2.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 26
  • mm3.jpg
    mm3.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 28
I recently got a 545 mkII and wanted to do a muffler mod on it. I looked inside the muffler and that thing is crazy. It has tubes all around the sides that run up to the outlet hole. It looks like an octopus inside there. it didn't look like simply enlarging the outlet hole would do much of anything. Seemed like the only way to really open it up was a hole out the front. Does anyone know of a source for AM mufflers for this saw? I would rather tinker on that then jack up the OEM one in case the mods don't work out. Another OEM one is almost $90.

Ebay is full of these chinese AM mufflers for ~10€. They are easy to modify since material is much less tough.

Ebay is full of these chinese AM mufflers for ~10€. They are easy to modify since material is much less tough.
All the ones of have seen are for the 545 or 550XP none of them look like they work with the MkII's

Latest posts

Back