Muffler Mods!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rahtreelimbs

A.K.A Rotten Tree Limbs
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Amoungst My Saws........Fool That Has Too Many!!!
Here are a few pics of an 028 muffler I am doing for Rob Mihelek. Rob had removed the deflector so I had to weld one on. He wanted the muffler to dump out the front so I made a half round port right beside the original so he has one big port. I also opened up the inner baffle. The 028 has an inner screen so no screens needed to be added.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Hi Rich,

That looks cool. I'll have to clean the crud off my saw and get the muffler bolted back on then I'll take some pics for the site.

Thanks!

Bob

Husky 266 Muffler

This is another muffler that Rob Mihelek wanted me to do. This is from a Husky 266. The muffler had the outside deflector removed. On this one I welded the side port up and put 2 ports out the front. This muffler also had a baffle that sandwiched between the muffler halves. The baffle seemed to be too restrictive so it was eliminated.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Looks like you've welded metal washers onto the muffler to reinforce the new exhaust ports. Looks good.

That one looks cool too Rich. Too bad my log pile is under a foot and a half of snow. I'll have to dig some logs out and see how the saws run with these Hoffmanized mufflers. I was going to wait until spring to start on next year's firewood, but I think I can cut some cookies for the woodstove a little sooner.

Thanks!

Bob

Latest posts

Back