Stihl 361 muffler mod.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matthew1971

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hey guys, just gutted a 361 muffler. Trying decide what's the best move next. I was thinking about adding two screw in type spark arrestors. Has anyone tried this or? Would it be too much? Thinking about welding two nuts to muffler. Trying to find the thread pitch. Thank you.

That muffler is sure a pain in the A%^ to get apart!!! Going to plug the existing port and add two screw in spark arrestors out the side. Thinking about cutting an angle on the out side to vent away from my hand. I do a ton of late spring and early summer work in S. Oregon. No fires!!!

That muffler is sure a pain in the A%^ to get apart!!! Going to plug the existing port and add two screw in spark arrestors out the side. Thinking about cutting an angle on the out side to vent away from my hand. I do a ton of late spring and early summer work in S. Oregon. No firES.
Nevermind, going to use Lakeside's Mod instead. Just one screen to clean. Matthew

I put a West Coast Saw Bark Box on my 066 and love it. The add it anywhere style kit looks like a winner as well. There are a few neat videos on his YouTube channel you may enjoy if you look up Westcoast Saw.

Latest posts

Back