muffler painting

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wsg

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Has anybody found a spray on paint for mufflers that is better than the rest?

Q

Yep, just regular high temp paint, I think it said BBQ and grille paint. It's not much more $$ than regular spray paint either, where automotive exhaust paint costs more. Available wherever spray paint is sold!:msp_thumbup:

I have tried BBQ, header, caliper, and every other paint I could find on the rack. I could not find one that would stay put. Finally, someone pointed me to POR black velvet. It is temperature and fuel resistant. It isn't a spray on, but it will stay once you get it there.

POR 15 is freaking awesome, I have about a quart of it all over the lower panels of my 2003 Silverado fending off any rock chip related rust. Great product!

Any high temp paint works well...but I use a wood stove paint rated at 1500 degrees a couple thin coats and set on a wood stove to cure or mount it on the saw and fire it up and let it get hot...good luck!!

Paint Over Rust
My Ranchero wears about five gallons of POR15.

I thought it was getting a real paint job....

A number of years ago I had a 1962 Studebaker Hawk that had been painted with POR15. I called it the Looks Like Hell Hawk, but it ran great.

I use VHT 2,000 degree paint. It works better than anything I have ever used, as long as you follow the directions and bake it in the oven.

Latest posts

Back