Mulberry in a woodstove

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Big Mulberry!!

I'm in the process of dropping a big Mulberry the last few days. The sap is not so bad right now, but I cut some broken limbs after a July storm and that was a mess.

I agree, "seasoned Mulberry burns HOT"! Nice yellow when just cut, amber brown dried.

I figure I have 4-5 more loads in this tree.

Tom

I'm in the process of dropping a big Mulberry the last few days. The sap is not so bad right now, but I cut some broken limbs after a July storm and that was a mess.

I agree, "seasoned Mulberry burns HOT"! Nice yellow when just cut, amber brown dried.

I figure I have 4-5 more loads in this tree.

Tom

Pictures please. That sounds like one helluva tree

Processing Mulberry

I agree, "seasoned Mulberry burns HOT"! Nice yellow when just cut, amber brown dried. I figure I have 4-5 more loads in this tree.

Tom
Welcome aboard! I cut one of those whoppers down for a friend last March. Since it was early spring, the tree had not drank its full yet so the wood is dry enough to burn now. However, we split it immediately. We pulled in six pickup truckloads, even without the small branches that were shredded.

Mulberry is a drunkard. By mid-June, the tree is so packed with water that it outweighs oak. Snarly stuff, I sometimes wonder if mulberry doesn't know if it's a tree or a huge bush.

Its ok I guess? :cheers: Kidding yeah its real good you wouldnt have any trouble getting rid of it around here!

Kansas

I went and picked up a little of the mulberry. This is two pickup truck loads and not counting all the 2-4" stuff not in photo. I split it up with my buddy we each got pretty good haul. Best part it was already cut up.Heavy stuff
zedtool.jpg

nice score, wish we had that around here mostly pine, lot's of birch and some elm, poplar but that stuff sux. hard pressed to find oak or maple round here. is elm ok to burn?

Latest posts

Back