My first build thread. I put a 359 into a 350!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would like to know what I could do to improve my porting? How does it look? What chould I do different? I sure have learned a lot by building this saw and have gained A LOT of respect for the saw builders on this website.

I would like to know what I could do to improve my porting? How does it look? What chould I do different? I sure have learned a lot by building this saw and have gained A LOT of respect for the saw builders on this website.

Make all the holes bigger, Duh :msp_smile:

What are the port timing numbers now?????

What are the port timing numbers now?????

I will have to get back to you both on this one. I got a bit of a honey do list tonight but ill see if I can get the time to do get numbers tonight. Would you like them in degrees with a wheel or would it be better to use a depth mic to determine such numbers?

I will have to get back to you both on this one. I got a bit of a honey do list tonight but ill see if I can get the time to do get numbers tonight. Would you like them in degrees with a wheel or would it be better to use a depth mic to determine such numbers?

With a degree wheel....

Great job/cool thread Mike! i knew you were holdin out on us...

Thanks man, I hope to have the crank ground, fix the squeak, and re assembled this week and then bring it up for the charity cut in a couple weeks. The charity cut will be a good endurance test for it seeing how I have only put 2.5 tanks thru it since I built it!

Exhaust 162 99 from tdc

Transfer 119 121 from tdc

Blowdown 21.5

Intake 160

I like those numbers. They seem very good for a saw that you are planning to work with. Now if you are just gonna cut cookies and stuff you could raise the exhaust a few degrees and lower the intake a few.....

I like those numbers. They seem very good for a saw that you are planning to work with. Now if you are just gonna cut cookies and stuff you could raise the exhaust a few degrees and lower the intake a few.....

That is what I told him but he got "nervous":cheers:

That is what I told him too. You could take the transfers up a touch more if you're feeling the high end HP isn't there but he said its pulling 11k easy in the cut so it must be feeding well.

Back