My friend got scared

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bassman

bassman

ArboristSite Operative
Today my friend of many years that i see a few times of year came over and asked what i am up too.
well !!!!
I showed him my latest restor project a clinton d55.
As i fired it up and gave it a little gas i look over to a scared little man creeping towards the door.
he said the sound of the saw and look of a 280 pound man holding it gave him the heebee jeebee'ies.
well i must say that sound of a clinton saw is cool i didn't think it would scare someone??
anyone here have a saw story that put a nightmare into someones head??
later

shayne

bvaught

bvaught

ArboristSite Operative
My dog used to hate the saw, lawnmower, motorcycle, etc. But now she is used to them, which has become somewhat of a problem. She wants me to mow around her.

NWCS

Addicted to ArboristSite
when i scare people its usually not with saws.. but motorcycles..
like the time in my mostly restored 1976 Honda CR250 i was showing off to friends and slid sideways into a concrete barrier and smashed my right foot.. fired the bike right back up and kept riding while they were screaming at me "you OK?"

or the time drag racing a 1968 Honda CB125 against a friends ATC185..
10,000RPM launch sent the bike into a wheelie and spin.. putting a 1/2" bolt through my right knee. i still kick started the bike and rode back home..

im darn good with saws.. but keep me away from bikes.. ill just hurt myself darn near every time! i like RPM too much! i sold the CR250 4 years ago now and miss that bike every day.. the engine was a similar copy to the 1976 honda Works bikes.. ported like mad and liked to try breaking your foot if you didnt start it right!

these pics are from a car show back in about 2000... i miss you bike.
http://homepages.tscnet.com/dedcow/CR250.jpg
http://homepages.tscnet.com/dedcow/CR250-1.jpg

lostone

lostone

Addicted to ArboristSite
My wife and 4 year old son both hate the saws, when I start one up they head the other direction. Well I dont really know if its the saw or the thought of me with the saw that scares them. :eek:

Last edited:
ross_scott

ross_scott

ArboristSite Guru
I had a boss who had a dog (do not know if it is still around) who had a tendancy of attacking anything that was 2 stroke the only other thing it used to attack was the tractor which was the only non 2 stroke piece of machinery that it would attack, this dog was just nuts you had to make sure it was not around before you could start up the chainsaw, mower, farm bike or the tractor I just wished the bloody dog attacked the bar of the chainsaw while it was running instead of the engine or my hand kind of glad i no longer work for that guy dunno who was worse the boss or his dog

not quite a nightmare story but still appropraiate for this thread (well kind of)

Latest posts