My furnace is too small

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Regardless of what furnace loyalty people have or what opinion to go with i think most would agree at minus 25 degrees on a windy day it's going to require a ton of btus in a average house to keep up around 70 . Your asking a lot from any furnace at that point .. It would require Far more btu than most stoves or furnaces are rated for

Don't be so cheap , turn on the proPain and supplement that wood furnace , or , like me in my drafty , hardly insulated house , fill the furnace , drink 3 beer and go to bed , wake up because the dewater alarm went off , reload the furnace , drink a large glass of water , repeat .... Works every time , the house is toasty warm :)

Thats what I had to do. My wood load during the day has to last me 10.5 hrs. since there is no one here to feed the fire and during the -40 to -50 degree windchill days that just doesn't cut it. In my case I have to let the lectric furnace take over. Just got my bill for the month of January and it cost me $27 in heating. Well worth it IMHO.

Back