My intl shakes in third gear

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gorman

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I have a 2000 intl with a road ranger six speed. I just had the tranny rebuilt and the clutch replaced and it still shakes in third gear when pulling a load.

I took it back and the shop said it is an engine issue and not the drivetrain.

Any ideas folks?

Very well could be an engine problem. I had something just like that happen to one of my Dodge/Cummins diesel flatbeds a few years back. It had to do with the engine starving for fuel. However, it felt like a shimmy or bad U joint.
Jeff

take it to another shop for an opinion. Not sure about transmission but if 3rd is on the main shaft and 4th is on a counter shaft, you might feel vibrations like a bad U joint in 3rd but not 4th.

I have a 2000 intl with a road ranger six speed. I just had the tranny rebuilt and the clutch replaced and it still shakes in third gear when pulling a load.

I took it back and the shop said it is an engine issue and not the drivetrain.

Any ideas folks?
Just a thought not knowing that truck in particular. Does it shake in third gear or is it shaking at a certain speed? Maybe the driveshaft is not back in right if that is possible on that truck?

Finally got this sorted out after 2 mechanics wanted me to replace all the injectors. I did a job for a heavy equipment mechanic who knew immediately that it wasn't the engine. It was a bad u joint, a bad carrier bearing, but most importantly it started with the yokes for the driveshaft were installed off-kilter so it threw everything off and caused some damage. Joe got it most right.

Latest posts

Back