My new Contra Lightning.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimL

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Picked this up off ebay, kinda went out on a limb cause there wasn't many details on it. Its not been used very much, after cleaning it up, polished the points, carb kit it ran like a top. Needs a tank gasket though.
66mm bore :D

Nice!

I cleaned a Hornet nest out of one, scraped of the bat doo, cleaned the gunk out of tank, gas in the gar throat, and Whoom! Probably the first time it, has been started in 15 years..

Got to love those air cleaners though! What where they thinking?

very nice... I'd like to have one too. but prices most folks want are close to modern saws.

need to find a deal on one...

I talked with a collector about 250 miles south of me last week that said he could get me a new Contra/Lighting. I need to make a trip south but I believe the price will be high.

Bill

Thats what I was thinkin too. With that big-ol 66mm piston it must be a contra-s. That is the same piston size as the 090. If it runs good and you gave a fair price it was a he$$ of a buy.:D

Are you sure that the bore is 66 mm?

A pretty knowledgable person on another forum seemed pretty sure that it is an "ordinary" Contra-Lightning with 58 mm bore.

I have no clue, though.

I measured it 5 times before I believed what I had.
The contra has many versions of different parts. The air cleaner on this is not like my other lightning saws.. cylinder shroud is differnet. recoil is differnet also.

Latest posts

Back