My new garage unit heater

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

motoman3b

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Here are pics of the new unit heater I made out of a 20x20 heat exchanger some wood and a squirrel cage motor, Used a line voltage thermostat to control the temp. Cheaper then the hanging unit heaters that dont have air filter that most OWB companys sell.

IMG_0237.jpg

IMG_0236.jpg

Looking Good !!

Thanks for posting the pics, so is the wood stove inside, or outside the garage?? That heat exchanger looks like the one I recently put above my propane furnace hooked to my outdoor stove, got it off eBay.

http://www.arboristsite.com/showthread.php?t=60148

Welcome to the forum!! You been burning wood for awhile? Looks like a new garage, and I see a helmet?

Yeah we built the house and the garage this year. Been moved in for about 2 months now. New to the outdoor wood burners, read alot about them and looked at alot of models, I actually got mine from a guy who owns a machine shop and fabricates his own model (which is very similar to the woodmaster in design) I hooked it up in the house the same way you did your furnace, have a sidearm heat exchanger for the hot water heater as well. I only have to load my burner twice a day so I'm really happy with it so far!

I race atv motocross and ride an enduro bike on the road thats why there's a helmet now I just gotta move the rest of my toys now that I got some room free in the garage. We actually just put the reflective foam on the ceiling today still gotta tape the seams

Yeah I am new to the outdoor woodstove thing also, sounds like you got a good one, take a picture sometime and post it. :) I am checking my stove twice a day, in the morning around 6:00am, and then again about 5:30pm. If the weekends are above 30 I usually just stir it up and remove some ashes (Saturday task) and then load it up that evening. I have gotten a few 24 hours burns between 30-40 degrees. :) I was craming it full, now I just fill a little above the door level for my 12 - 14 hour burns. I really like mine also.

Welcome again, lots of good stuff to read here, I really enjoy hanging out here with lots of good info shared.

ps. My family loves our Hondas...

I only have to load my burner twice a day so I'm really happy with it so far!

I race atv motocross and ride an enduro bike on the road thats why there's a helmet now I just gotta move the rest of my toys now that I got some room free in the garage.

Nice looking unit. Looks like that Pex is easy stuff to work with. Very user friendly. Haven't yet had a chance to use it anywhere. Seems like most of the newer construction is using it over copper and pvc.

Thanks for the pics.

Matt

Its pretty easy stuff to work with, the toughest part sometimes is uncoiling it straight. I did my house plumbing in it with 3/4" and 1/2" pex it was real easy to uncoil the 1" stuff was tougher and I ran out and went to the plumbing supply and they carry 20ft straight runs of it which made it real easy to finish up.

Latest posts

Back