My new Maul 50% off!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Woodcutteranon

I stack wood on top of wood
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I found out my local Ace Hardware was having a 50% off sale today only. Any single item $30 or under could be purchased with their coupon for 50% off. I went there in search of the Fiskars Super Splitter but, no luck. I know it costs more than $30 but I was confident I could charm the young lady into letting me use the coupon.

Ace's sledge and maul rack had a couple nice items but I ran across this Collins 6# maul and thought I would give it a try. It retailed at 30.99 but the girl let me use the coupon saying "the owner won't care!" It has the 36 inch fiberglass handle.

It worked really well. I split about a cord of ash and silver maple. It rarely stuck when it failed to split a log. On a bunch of good logs you can really produce a lot of firewood. The arrow straight handle is pretty spartan, it could use better grips but it never really slipped from my hands. All in all I had a blast today, it really split well and I LOVE the sound an ash log makes when it splits. I will be hearing that in my sleep. $15 well spent.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
Holy Cow 50% off...that's an incredible sale, I would have done most of our Christmas shopping there. Lots of folks appreciate good hardware of gifts. Happy splitting :clap: with your new maul.

Back