My new toy.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marco

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Picked up this bad boy late this summer. 1984 GMC Astro, formerly Areo but ditched that stupid looking stuff after almost taking a power line to an outbuilding out.
6V-92 at 300 hp, that turbo wheezing into a supercharger does look impressive. I ain't about to fill the fuel tanks. Was looking for a way to move tractors for my repair business and this seemed to be my most economical approach. Hopefuly I won't have to big a pile of chips in the bottom of the trans. before I get used to this Fuller.
Working on ditching the drivers side tank in favor of a hydraulic reservoir that I am planning on running off of the AC drive on the engine for a winch and tip cylinders.
A friend of mine did do a nice job on the hitch I think, the receiver tubes on the bottom are for pulling offset farm equipment more centered down the road.
He has acquired the name "Babe"

My new toy

...picked one up myself:

DrivewayC6croppedcopy.jpg

oh boy an old beller box.LOL . I agree watch for leaks on the turbo, or supercharger, intake gaskets, or it can run wild till it blows. I saw our spotter at work do that. Fuel was shut off and ran till the oil pan was empty. Ugly mess.

Also interesting when backing up to a dock door, or something that dosen't move. rumor has it you can get them to run backward.

Mechanic at the company that had when new said he had only seen 2 do that, but it could happen. This thing is pretty clean under there thank heavens. Found out it don't like sandy driveways.

Latest posts

Back