My new Web Site

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can afford all that equipment just doing stump removals?!?:jawdrop:

Nice site btw. Since you post so many pics of your equipment maybe just show on pic of it all lined up and then maybe a couple in action. Cut down the amount of space for the server.

I am now full time in the business as of 01/01/07. It took me nearly 20 years working part time in the business to get the equipment. All of it is not paid for yet but working on it. Plenty of work in my area for full time stump grinding.

Nice web page.

Looks good.

Have you gotten much new business due to the site? Or are other forms of advertising better for you?

Take care,
Mitch

75% of my business is with Tree firms that don't have grinders and would rather sub it out to me then buy their own. The web site is new and I have not got any work from it as of yet. I also have connections with developers regarding the lot clearing jobs I get.

Nice job!! Gives you a professionalism we need in this industry!!!

Nice equipment. I'm currently setting up a web site myself and am impressed with the simple, straight-forwardness of your ad. It's what it's supposed to be, infomative and uncrowded. The lack of movement on the page is great for my eyes. And, less movement is easier for slower Internet connections. I'm forwarding your site to my web builder for a sample. Did you do this site yourself?

I love the drug free part. lol :hmm3grin2orange:

Who built it? You, pro, mate etc?

I went with WEB.com. Its costs $9.95 per month for the web site. You can build the entire site yourself or you can have them start it with 3 pages and you build it from there. I had them start it and it cost me $300.00. You can add up to 18 pages. They have many templates to choose from. Its not hard at all to build it and I am not a computor guy at all. There is no monthly fees for taking credit card payments. There is a 1.3 % transaction fee for each transaction. The credit card processing is set up through Pay Pal Ebay. Just become a Web Site Standard Payment member is all it takes. There is no monthly fees with them either. Web.com helps you add that feature on your site. I highly recommend web.com. I don't get that many customers asking if I take credit cards but now I can with only the transaction fee. Most credit card processors have a monthly fee.

which grinder do you like best

I went with WEB.com. Its costs $9.95 per month for the web site. You can build the entire site yourself or you can have them start it with 3 pages and you build it from there. I had them start it and it cost me $300.00. You can add up to 18 pages. They have many templates to choose from. Its not hard at all to build it and I am not a computor guy at all. There is no monthly fees for taking credit card payments. There is a 1.3 % transaction fee for each transaction. The credit card processing is set up through Pay Pal Ebay. Just become a Web Site Standard Payment member is all it takes. There is no monthly fees with them either. Web.com helps you add that feature on your site. I highly recommend web.com. I don't get that many customers asking if I take credit cards but now I can with only the transaction fee. Most credit card processors have a monthly fee.
I noticed you have a rayco rg50 as well as a carlton. which do you like best?

I like them both. The 8018 TRX is the first Carlton that I ever owned. I have it with the Dura Disk and I use that machine when ever possible. The remote control is great. I wish Rayco would make a machine with remote. With the remote it keeps you out of the dust, dirt, debris,ect. Its great for land clearing jobs or where there is numerous stumps. I have owned 2 Rayco tow behinds but sold them. I would never buy a tow behind again. I like the RG50 also. It cuts the stumps very quickly. I use it for the smaller jobs or where there are situations where you want 0 turf damage. Rayco makes a quality product. I can say that Rayco's trailers are junk. They don't make it heavy duty enough. I like how they set the trailer up with the pin holding the machine to the trailer, but they need to beef their trailers up. I am sure glad that I am a welder. Basically I beefed up the trailer whereever it keep breaking up.

Your website looks good.
I use a company that only charges $25 per year for the domain name (www) and you get free web hosting. No popups, banner ads, or catches. They have a free web builder program to make your site with. I have been using this company for the last 3 or 4 years and have never had any problems. I checked out every web host i could find and $25 per year is the absolute best deal anywhere. I am not a spammer, and i only share this with you because i know it is legit.
Here is a link to the company, check it out yourself.

http://www.doteasy.com/index.cfm?A=woodchux

Last edited:
how do u like the tracked carlton? i have the 4012 carlton and want to get the 7015 what r ure thoughts on the tracked unit... any dislikes? thanks

I like my 8018TRX. I have it with the Dura Disk. I use it whenever I can. If I have a bunch of small stumps where there is alot of turning then I use my RG50. I like the remote control feature the best. You cannot beat it for those lot jobs.

Latest posts

Back