my old saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Navara

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi guys i have a small collection of old saws. i have a lombard comango, a lombard lightning, a husqvarna 55 and have just been given a homelite340 which i have a problem with carb settings. Does anyone know the best settings for the carb on my homelite340?

The problem I have with my Homelite 340 is ignition related and presents as if the carb is lean. As the saw ets warm, it begins to act as if there is a fuel starvation problem...but it doesn't The plug checks showed actually a rich condition...and after a lot of thought it turned out to be ignition.

I had the coil replaced and re-routed the wireing some to minimise the chances of arcing from the plug wire to the on/off switch...

My friends "modded" the muffler..and it run..OK.

No more "lean" conditions after the saw warms up..its even maling more power and seems to run quite well under low load conditions. Its just that this saw has a carb smaller than my 40cc husqvarna and makes even less power than that Husqvarna. For some reason Solo (thats who made this saw) decided to severely limit the power out put with this tiny carb. It will pull a 16 inch bar..thats about it.

Back