My Poor Fruit Trees

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kittymuss

Reaction score
Recently we had a straight line wind of 100 to 110mph. Needless to say it did a lot of damage to our trees, mainly our fruit trees our white bur oaks faired alot better. One of my large apple and apricot went down on their sides. My husband feels he can save the trees. The apple was about 10 years old. He cut the canopy off, leaving a few branches, pulled it back upright and secured it, plus watered well. Same with the apricot. Any chance that it will survive? Any other suggestions. Thanks.

Depends on whether or not the wood in the trunk actually bent far enough to break inside. If they are going to live or die, you should know relatively soon. Whatever damage that was done can't be changed. Sounds like your husband did about all that can be done, now it's just 'wait and see'.
I hope they make it! :)

Lets hope they make it . just wanted to tell you to make sure that you do eventually remove the stakes that you used to upright the trees so they wont be girldled by it at the point that you wrapped it around the trunk, if that was the method you used:)

Back