My Redmax saws...and a Homelite bar.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shargoth

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I just got a Redmax 3800 finally. Opened up the muffler like Brad did a while back and she's a screamer. I haven't got her in good wood to do a proper tuning or test yet but....from the sounds of it I'm gonna have a Husky 51 for sale ;). Also I've been busy recently and haven't gotten around to painting up a bar for my Homelite C-91 that I recently restored. So here are some pics. Hope you enjoy!

View attachment 144357

View attachment 144358

View attachment 144359

View attachment 144360

View attachment 144361

Lemme know how you like it. I'm just hearing of these saws, something I want to keep an eye on.

Redmax

I'm a dealer. I can talk them up. Best way is just find ya a cheap one and buy it. The 621 is an older design and a bit bulky. But I don't worry about power to weight ratio and stuff. Personally I think it's a hell of a saw for the price. We sell them with a 20" bar for 475$. I love the little 3800. If you can find a 3800 buy it. Look of Brads video of it. It's quite impressive with a muffler mod. Without the mod it's really quiet and quite doggy. When you mod it though it comes to life. I will try and get a video of both of them soon.

I'm a dealer. I can talk them up.

I'd mention why I have interest in them too, but I already made one booboo in my few days of being here...

You are not permitted to mention you are a dealer, unless you are a sponsor.
I don't know how close they enforce that rule, I haven't been notified yet.

From one "consumer" to another... would you personally use their product line if you weren't a dealer? Where would you mark their level of quality in comparison to another saw brand?

Last edited:
I don't push my product. Honestly if they don't like me being here they have the right to get rid of me. I have no problem with that. I'll sponsor them if they ask. I've actually been meaning to look into it, just haven't had time.

here you go.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Red Max is Japanese. I have the GZ 4000. Mine has a problem with the rubber strato intake boot. Seems the previous owner didn't run the gas out of it and ruined all the rubber parts. I did a clean-up on it and tried to get the peices to rebuild the intake, but its sold as a unit and was real expensive. I have the saw running but it seems to have an air leak. Its deffinately not running like my Ryobi.

Have you come across this problem at all?

Latest posts

Back