My SP 105....29 years young

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mudguts

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I picked up the old Mac SP 105 I was asking about a while back.. IT IS CLEAN. I got home, dumped out the original fuel from when it was new. I swished some new fuel around in it then dumped that out. When I took the the air element off, everything was like new. By this time I was excited and started pulling on the cord. The 36" bar had an extreme wobble so I placed it on the deck and continued yanking. After around 6 pulls I noticed the kill switch was off, so I switched it on. On the fourth pull...SHAZAM, it fired. It sounded like poop warmed over and barley idled. After throttleing it a few times it smoothed out. It is so clean I don't want to cut anything with it.

Nice find.It appears,that saw,like mine,spent it's time on the shelf ,not in the woods.Sometimes you get lucky. ;)

I ran the saw just to here it today, and noticed a spark or two shooting out the side of the chain. There was plenty of oil on the bar but it was black and smoking. I shut it off soon as I noticed the sparks and smoke. Is the chain too tight? Is this common? What? Everything still looks new but don't want to damage my new old saw.

Bought a 66" bar for my SP125c today off ebay all i gotta hope now is that i can afford the chain.

Big saw big bar.
Sorry but my ego is riding with a shotgun to my head.

Mc Bob.

The dang things seem to catch the chain on the bar guides,for some reason or another,with the .404 chain.It's the only saw I have that does that.Odd,because it's just a tad smaller version of the 125.I made some spacers from beverage cans to space the guides out,just a bit.Problem solved .

A 66" bar, mercy, thats pretty big.

I'll look into the beer can I mean beverage can thing.
Thanks Fellas
John

Latest posts

Back