My wierd body thermostat

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Haywire Haywood

Fiscal Conservative Social Retard
Reaction score
When it was 20 outside, I was sitting inside by the fire snug as a bug in a rug at 78-80F. Now when it's 84 outside, I come inside to 78 and am hot, wanting to turn on the A/C. Today, the temp is down to 52 outside, it's 68 inside and I'm sitting here in a hoodie 'cause I'm cold. A little consistency would be great. Why can't I be comfortable at 78 year round?

Last edited:
We are all products of the physical world...and temperature is a real thing that our bodies react to...I still think some of it is simply a state of mind. Like happiness, or worry.

My house could be 70 degrees in the middle of January and I am freezing my behind off. Do I ever take time to remind myself that I would pay good money to have my house at 70 degrees in the middle of August? No!

Its the humidity that makes you take different temps differently...the 78 in the winter is dry hot air....78 ambient now is humid air,nasty....big difference..

I guess all wives are the same. Mine is the same way. Drives me nuts! She has about a 2° comfort window.

That was once a pet peeve of mine about my ex. I DON"T miss it.

After hearing about it long enough I finally told her to "quit telling me how hot it is, it just as hot for me and you don't hear me #!^@*ing about it to you, do you ?"

We are all products of the physical world...and temperature is a real thing that our bodies react to...I still think some of it is simply a state of mind. Like happiness, or worry.

My house could be 70 degrees in the middle of January and I am freezing my behind off. Do I ever take time to remind myself that I would pay good money to have my house at 70 degrees in the middle of August? No!

Happiness comes from within and that happiness is not from within my wallet. Turns out she was looking for me to agree with her, it was more about having something to talk about instead of something else for me to fix so she was comfortable. Eh ! live and learn !

I agree though, 70 in the house during the summer doesn't feel the same as 70 inside when it's snowing and blowing outside.

Before I retired I worked in an office with about 20 Ladies. Talk about body temperature changes - hah - all day long. One that sat to my right would say to the one in front of me - " Lavina are you hot "? Lavina would reply "I believe I am".

Worse yet I used to work the Bingo nights at the VFW for a couple years. One row of tables the ladies would say could you turn the air on it is so hot in here. Walk down the aisle to another row of tables - could you fix it so it is not so cold in here.

Nosmo

You southerners... 78 is way too hot for me. I'm warm at 68 in winter and if it goes over 80 in the house in summer it's heat stroke time. Air conditioning? Never heard of it. What a waste of energy.

You Northerners... wait till it's 95F and 95% humidity in your house. You'd be asking how to turn the AC on. :hmm3grin2orange:

Ian

You southerners... 78 is way too hot for me. I'm warm at 68 in winter and if it goes over 80 in the house in summer it's heat stroke time. Air conditioning? Never heard of it. What a waste of energy.
My sister used to say the same thing when she lived in california. When she moved to missouri she couldn't find the thermostae for the air fast enough. I remember going to see her and we never needed air conditiong even sitting in traffic which seems like that's all we did.lol The humidity down south is a killer sometimes. It gets a 100 and over a few times in the summer and always ninety something, Most times the humidity is right there with the temp.

When it was 20 outside, I was sitting inside by the fire snug as a bug in a rug at 78-80F. Now when it's 84 outside, I come inside to 78 and am hot, wanting to turn on the A/C. Today, the temp is down to 52 outside, it's 68 inside and I'm sitting here in a hoodie 'cause I'm cold. A little consistency would be great. Why can't I be comfortable at 78 year round?

I hear YOU!!! I moved back to Buffalo NY (in January) from Arizona and I am freezing. Last week it hit 80 here and I still had a sweat shirt on! I miss 100+ degree temps. Damn humidity really stinks:cry:

Back