My yard after Rita!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is there a market for planting some of those dwarf Japanese trees now?
Those photos are impressive.
What wind speed is your best guess to cause that damage?

I guess so do some contractors have they condemened your house yet or are they to busy to mess with you yet? You laen looks bad man lookes some giats kicked the crap out of your place. Good luck with your lot

DanManofStihl said:
I guess so do some contractors have they condemened your house yet or are they to busy to mess with you yet? You laen looks bad man lookes some giats kicked the crap out of your place. Good luck with your lot

No one is allowed into the parish for at least a few weeks, power lines are down everywhere. I will have to wait until the insurance adjuster looks at the house, but i think it is a total loss..We used a crain to get the trees off of the house today and will deal with the rest of the trees when we get electricity back. It shure is hot down in the south, 110 degrees with the heat index.

smokechase II said:
Is there a market for planting some of those dwarf Japanese trees now?
Those photos are impressive.
What wind speed is your best guess to cause that damage?

The eye passed just to the east of us and the storm was 140mph wind gust.

That sucks! Hey Cole the best thing about the whole deal is that you are able to be here posting picts with us. I hope you and everyone else can get back to normal life ASAP.

Old Monkey said:
That sucks! Hey Cole the best thing about the whole deal is that you are able to be here posting picts with us. I hope you and everyone else can get back to normal life ASAP.

DITTO, what OM posted !

Nice pics, lots of uprooted trees, how you going to deal with that root ball?

Cole, I'm sorry to see that you got hit that hard. That could've easily been my house in Houston. Many good vibes are being sent your way!

Cole I'm sorry you have to deal with all that damage. You still have your family and friends. Take some confort in that. Be careful with thoes root balls they tend to want to go right back into the ground after you cut them. They are dangerous to work with if you are not familiar with them.

Man, that's amazing. I thought that was going to be us for a while, but I guess we got lucky. Luck seems to be a net zero game, though.....

Wow! Amazing!; and I thought we had it bad during the great Midwest ice storm back in the 1990s - no power for 4 days, miles and miles of snapped off telephone poles, and so many tree branches on the ground that we got that year's firewood by driving around town and picking up small stuff laying next to the streets.

Back