Mystery Ebay Solo Arrives!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lumberjackchef

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Just received this beauty in the mail on friday.

left+rs.jpg

Now that shes up and running all I can say is, What a beast!:rock: For $63.01 + shipping, This saw has some major torque..........:jawdrop:
I'm still not sure exactly which model I have though. According to CCC there were two models that had this same look. One was the 635 the other was the 642. The 635 is listed as 92cc having 3/8 pitch chain, but the 642 was 106cc and had .404 pitch. Just from that standpoint I was excited as I could already tell just when I ripped open the box that we were talking .404 here. But anyone could have switched to a .404 sprocket if they made the available parts. I will have to tear into it a bit and see if we're talking a 54mm piston or a 58mm to know for sure which model this is. It sure looks and feels promising that it is the 106cc model though. It didn't even grunt while I was burying that 404 in a solid pecan log earlier today. I was wondering if anyone knows if Solo dealers are able to get parts for these old saws. I need an air cleaner as that was the only thing missing that I could find. I changed the diaphragms, cleaned the carb and she fired right up on the first pull after a prime. Runs like a champ with 160 psi. Anybody know any Solo dealers in the states? Thanks!

Back