Naive question.. Is tree service a good business?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tbk125

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I know people may not like this question but do well run tree service businesses make a lot of money? Is it common for someone to be wealthy from owning one?

Agreed. If it is run well, lots of room for growth and a good ROI. If it is run poorly, lots of opportunity for endless debt that you'll never dig out of.

Like any other business!

Define wealthy. I was sitting at a bar a couple months ago talking to a guy I'd never met. We started talking about high cost of living (it is high around here, very, very high) and he said he's targeting $4M in investments to retire. I was a little shocked, but 6% of $4M is $250k/year in proceeds. That's about what you need to comfortably retire here. I guess I'll never retire.

Define wealthy. I was sitting at a bar a couple months ago talking to a guy I'd never met. We started talking about high cost of living (it is high around here, very, very high) and he said he's targeting $4M in investments to retire. I was a little shocked, but 6% of $4M is $250k/year in proceeds. That's about what you need to comfortably retire here. I guess I'll never retire.
You are right, wealthy is all relative.. but I guess this is a good example. Making a few hundred thousand a year, eventually becoming a millionaire.

You are right, wealthy is all relative.. but I guess this is a good example. Making a few hundred thousand a year, eventually becoming a millionaire.

My two cents is this. If it's easy to do, everyone does it and there's too much "supply" for the "demand" for a given business. If it's hard to do, or requires special skills or equipment, it weeds out the people who can't or won't do it, making it more lucrative.

Latest posts

Back