Name of plugs that block off carb jet screws?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keithandstef

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I had to make an adjustment to a carb with those little plastic plugs that keep regular guys from tinkering with the screws. I removed them but want to reinstall them so the screws don't turn anymore. I had to remove them with a heated drill bit. Can't seem to find then on line. It's not a Welch plug. Those are big and different. Anyone know a proper name for them? Thanks.

Still called a limiter, I'll see if I can find an ipl if this is for your blower.

May be best to find the approp. youtube how to vid. The limiter screws sck for those at high altitude - we can't tune the carbs without a hassle.
I’ve got it tuned. I just want to reinstall the plugs so the screws don’t turn from vibration

Thanks yes for a Husqvarna BT360 backpack blower. I know I’m in the chainsaw section but figured it might be a universal part.

Can you post a picture of the carburetor because I'm seeing a carburetor that is not adjustable in the IPL.

Does it look like this one?
s-l225.jpg

A simple fix is to put a piece of fuel line over each screw.

Can you post a picture of the carburetor because I'm seeing a carburetor that is not adjustable in the IPL.

Does it look like this one?
View attachment 866481
Looks similar to that. It has a high and low key screw but each was covered by a little white plastic insert. The low is straight down through the throttle toggle and the high is just above the incoming fuel line. I don’t see that in the picture.will try and attach a pic.

Attachments

• D6FB44EC-808E-48AE-84F9-7A550A1BC5B2.jpeg
    D6FB44EC-808E-48AE-84F9-7A550A1BC5B2.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 26
I'd fill the holes with silicone or hot glue so you can get it out easy if you need to make adjustments again because you have to buy the whole carburetor just to get those little plugs.

I'd fill the holes with silicone or hot glue so you can get it out easy if you need to make adjustments again because you have to buy the whole carburetor just to get those little plugs.
That’s a good idea with silicone. This is probably a very rare adjustment and the first one in two years on this machine. Not sure how you get out silicone if needed but it probably won’t be needed.

The screws are spring loaded. The should not move on their own. The caps hide them. That's all they do.
Right. Even with the limiters installed, the screws can still turn about 3/4 turn. I've had them off my MS361 since new and have never experienced them turning. None of my equipment (several brands) have limiters. Since they are spring loaded, if they would turn it would most likely be out, not in. You would notice it running richer and richer.

Right. Even with the limiters installed, the screws can still turn about 3/4 turn. I've had them off my MS361 since new and have never experienced them turning. None of my equipment (several brands) have limiters. Since they are spring loaded, if they would turn it would most likely be out, not in. You would notice it running richer and richer.
That’s good to hear. They just feel so darn loose and the idle screw in particular is so easy to spin. I’ll mark their locations with a sharpie and see if they move over time.

Back