Name this tree

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ravlyn

Reaction score
Hey all,

I thought I would hit the pros up as I think I was told that this tree was a black walnut. I was going to use it to hear the house. But when it was dropped off it didn't look like black walnut to me. It's centre is yellow and splits similar to a pine or something. It doesn't split the best either. The outer skin if the bark on the narrow branches are a mouse grey and then turns red. The actual centre is all yellow. The bark is fairly smooth at the smaller pieces. But as you get to the base tree trunk it starts to split and look scabby. The weight I would compare to ash or heavier. I have pics just haven't figured out how to load them off my phone yet

Thanks

Sounds like you may be describing locust . Without pics it's hard to say

See, I was going to suggest Dave. Based on experience with a guy that used to drink with us, no matter what you try Bob will never split. I think it's because of twisted grain.

Im thinking Marvin, Marvin Yoder bc apparently its Amish and doesnt like to have its picture taken.

Latest posts

Back